Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Soundtrack of Our Sauce-less Lives

Just a quick post to get myself off the mark with this blog thing (there's 3 of us writing this thing if anyone cares). My esteemed colleague has already done a stand-up job describing the musical highlights of what was a pretty fine weekend below, however I thought I would bring up an issue that could possibly have ruined it for hundreds, if not thousands, of people.

I agree that it was a fantastic weekend, but I feel there was one issue that really needs to be addressed before next year's festival. While the focus of the weekend was making sure people had enough water, it was the lack of another, possibly more important, fluid that almost ruined the festivities. The tomato sauce shortage at the Meredith Community Tucker Tent was just downright un-Australian. While the weather was ripe for barbecue-style food, it's pretty damn disappointing to grab your burger or sausage in bread and realise there's no sauce left.

I won't say anymore as the memories of my sauceless meat products just upset me too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Contact

Out There

Bloggin' Melbourne

Melbourne Radio

Melbourne Venues

Other Stuff in Melbs

Local Labels

Local Record Shops

Local Tours

Bloggin' Oz

Sites Oz

Bloggin' the Globe

Sites Worldly

Previously


Across the Rooftops 2006